Child Care Assistance

Finding child care you trust is one of the most important tasks a parent can undertake. Understanding who qualifies as an appropriate caregiver and finding one nearby can be challenging – and we're here to help.

Our child care assistance team can connect you to resources to find the best provider for your children. If you need help paying for child care, we'll also help you apply for assistance.

What You Need To Know

If you're working, searching for employment, in a job-training program, or receiving cash assistance through Colorado Works, we'll work with you to make sure your child or children receive the care they deserve.

How can I choose a quality child care provider?

Colorado Shines, Colorado's quality rating and improvement system, has a helpful list of free resources and guides to help you identify the right child care provider for your child or children.

Also, you can search Mile High United Way's Child Care Reource database, or request support by phone by calling 2-1-1..

What about preschool, pre-kindergarten, or Head Start?

There are a few organizations that can help you locate and pay for preschool for your child. Check out the Denver Preschool Program, which helps families with 4-year-olds locate and pay for preschool, and Denver Great Kids Head Start, which helps families with children between ages 3 and 5 locate and pay for similar services.

How can I get help paying for child care? Do I qualify for discounted rates?

The first step is to apply for child care assistance by filling out and returning the child care assistance application [PDF] in English and the application in Spanish [PDF]. Download the supplemental application packet here [PDF].

If you receive cash assistance through Colorado Works, your caseworker will help you determine if you qualify for child care assistance. You don’t need to apply again.

The income guidelines for 2021 (as of Oct. 1, 2021) are as follows: 

Family size

Gross income at application/ redetermination
(225% FPL)

 85% SMI





$4,117.50 $6,314.14





$5,820.00 $8,719.53


$6,671,25 $9,922.22


$7,522.50 $10,147.73


$8,373.75 $10,373.23


$9,225.00 $10,598.74
Additional  $378.33 $225.51


If you'd like to submit a request for reduced fees, please fill out this form and submit it to your child care assistance caseworker.

Additionally, find the redetermination forms in Spanish and English.


I am a current CCAP recipient. How can I report changes to my situation or needs?

If you need to submit changes to your employment or income status, family size, provider, child care schedule, etc., please fill out this form and submit it via email to

Is child care available at Denver Human Services while I am applying for benefits in person?

While our offices are closed to in-person service Good Beginnings Child Care Center is located on the first floor of the Richard T. Castro Human Services Center (1200 Federal Blvd.) and available for your children while you're applying for assistance benefits. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.



Get Started

Fill it out as completely as possible and drop it off at one of our three locations.

Call us with any questions at 720-944-KIDS (5437) or email us at

Download the child care assistance application packet(PDF, 1MB)