Records Request Payments

What you need to know

Do you need to make a records request payment? You can do that at the link below:

Make a Records Request Payment

You can also make a records request payment by mail. Mail your payment to:

Denver Human Services
Manager of Finance
1200 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80204

Please include your invoice number in the memo field.

Make checks payable to Manager of Finance

Frequently Asked Questions

How are CORA requests billed?

We will provide you with a cost estimate based upon the scope of your request for records and the anticipated time required to fulfill it.  Once the invoice is paid, we will begin work on your request.

Under the Colorado Open Records Act (“CORA”). Pursuant to C.R.S. §24-72-205(6), staff time may be charged at a rate not to exceed $33.00 per hour. There shall be no charge for the first hour of time for research and retrieval of records.

What is the fee structure for other records requests?

  1. For legal requests in which DHS is not a party from Guardian ad Litems, Parental Responsibility Evaluators, Child and Family Investigators, Public Defenders, and Private Attorneys:

    Charge Description         Rate                            

    Paper Copies                    $0.25 per page               

    Electronic Copies              no charge

    Research / Review            no charge                            

    Redaction/Review             $30.00 per hour

  2. For discovery requests on an open City and County of Denver Dependency and Neglect matter, our fee structure is $5.00 minimum for up to 20 pages and $0.25 per page thereafter.

  3. DHS clients, District Attorneys, the City and County of Denver Prosecution and Code Enforcement section, and Law Enforcement are not billed. 


Why do I have to pay for a records request?

The City and County of Denver needs to pay for the cost of our staff and custodians of public records for their research and retrieval time necessary to respond to requests for records.

I need help. Who should I contact?

For legal requests in which DHS is not a party, email 

For discovery requests on an open Dependency and Neglect matter in which DHS is a party, email

For DHS client requests, email

For CORA requests, email