If you are a renter or homeowner and need assistance with paying utilities, including Denver Water and Xcel Energy, you may be eligible for utility assistance through Denver’s Temporary Rent & Utility Assistance Program.
Immigration status is not a requirement for the Temporary Rent & Utility Assistance Program.
See If You Qualify
- The property you are requesting utility assistance for is your primary residence and is in the City and County of Denver
- The tenant or homeowner’s household income is at or below the maximum income listed here (PDF, 144KB)(80% Area Median Income.)
- You have experienced an unexpected financial hardship
- You complete the application for assistance and provide all of the needed documentation
- Other qualifications and documentation required will be explained by the nonprofit agency you work with to access the funds
To apply, call 311 and press 6 and you will be connected with a nonprofit agency providing utility assistance.