Community Corrections Board
The Denver Community Corrections Board oversees the acceptance and rejection criteria for all offenders considered for placement in the Denver Community Corrections Residential program.
The Board has 21 members who are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by council ordinance for four-year terms. The Board is made up of representatives across the criminal justice spectrum.
- 10 represent criminal justice and human services departments
- One represents Victim Services
- Two have experience or expertise in criminal justice
- Six are citizens of the City and County of Denver
- One is a locally elected official
- One is a representative of Denver Public Schools
Board responsibilities include reviewing all matters relating to Community Corrections and when appropriate, advising the city on actions to be taken.
The Board acts on behalf of the citizens of Denver to ensure the protection of the community and to safeguard the rights of residents, provide for the needs of offenders who will be supervised by Community Corrections, act as a liaison for Denver with other city and state agencies and establish policies and procedures that govern the administration of the program and criteria for acceptance into the program.
Denver Community Corrections Board Members:
- Jason Anderson, Victim Advocate (through 6/2021)
- DeAnna Maes, Citizen Representative (through 6/2021)
- Steve Abraham, District Attorney's Office (through 6/2021)
- Mike Anderson, Criminal Justice Representative (through 6/2021)
- Jason D. Romportl, Adult Probation (through 6/2021)
- Dana Niemela, Human Services Representative (through 6/2021)
- Jorge Aleman, Youth Corrections (through 6/2021)
- David Johnson, Adult Parole (through 6/2021)
- Demetria Trujillo, Public Defender (through 6/2022)
- Dianna Tramutola-Lawson, Citizen Representative (through 6/2022)
- Paul Rosenthal, Citizen Representative (through 6/2022)
- Jim Martinez, Citizen Representative (through 6/2022)
- Sarah Chaikin, Criminal Justice Representative (through 6/2022)
- Jane Prancan, Citizen Representative (through 6/2023)
- Sherry Jackson, Public Safety Representative (through 6/2023)
- Hon. Julie Gonzales, Local Elected Official (through 6/2023)
- Chris Meeks, Criminal Justice Representative (through 6/2024)
- Shawn Cohn, Probation Officer (through 6/2024)
- Lt. Michelle Folmar, Public Safety Representative (through 6/2024)
- Sheriff Elias DIggins, Sheriff Department Representative (through 6/2024)
- VACANT, Denver Public Schools Representative
Enabling Authorization: CRS 17-27-103/Resolution No. 63 Series 1989
Board Meeting Schedule:
The Board meets on the third and fifth Wednesday (if applicable) of each month at 7:30 AM to review the eligibility of clients.
Board Meeting Location:
The meetings are located at 303 W. Colfax, 11th Floor, Denver, CO 80204.