This is a three-year partnership between the City and County of Denver and CareerWise Colorado. The program educates local youth and their families on a comprehensive and well-designed apprenticeship opportunity within the city. Apprentices become part of the workforce while developing relevant skills, gaining valuable work experience in professional fields, and creating paths to high-wage, high-growth careers.
Students are part of an Apprentice Cohort that works together to develop professional skills and do community service projects. They are expected to take classes from local colleges and universities to further their knowledge, abilities, and career. Apprentices also have the opportunity to receive an industry recognized credential that will add to their foundation of various work skills upon completion of the three-year program.
Youth apprentices will work with eight city agencies including:
- Community Planning and Development CPD
- Denver Economic Development & Opportunity – Division of Neighborhood Equity and Stabilization (NEST)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI)
- Department of Finance (DOF)
- Denver Parks & Recreation (DPR)
- General Services (GS): Administration
- General Services: Facilities Management
- Develop Denver’s youth talent pipeline
- Support Denver youth in exploring a variety of careers in professional settings, and those desiring to begin working right after high school