The Agency for Human Rights & Community Partnerships (HRCP) envisions a unified city where capacities and partnerships have been built and leaders from city governments and all corners of our community are empowered and supported. The agency creates opportunities for innovation to take root in local government and throughout the community to impact local challenges. HRCP is the model of inclusiveness, recognizing that diverse perspectives, skills and resources strengthen the foundation for lasting solutions.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Disability Community Support Grants
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Request for Proposals Released: Monday, January 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Questions Due: Monday, February 6, 2023
Questions Answered: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Award Notification: March 13, 2023
Program Delivery End Date: 12/31/2025 or sooner
The Denver Division of Disability Rights (“Disability Rights”) is housed within the Mayor’s Agency for Human Rights and Community Partnerships (HRCP). Disability Rights is thriving and working with city agencies and the disability community to help Denver become and remain a fully accessible and inclusive city.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a disproportionately negative impact on the disability community. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has had lasting negative impacts on nonprofit organizations that provide a vital role in providing services and support to many underserved populations. Many nonprofits are grappling with how to support their communities while also trying to survive as an organization.
To help address these issues and with funding provided by the US Treasury Department’s American Rescue Plan Act, Disability Rights is seeking funding proposals from Denver disability-oriented nonprofit organizations which have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The goal of this funding is to assist nonprofits that serve the disability community in closing service gaps and to re-establish service levels to and beyond pre-pandemic levels through advocacy, direct services and supports, and assistive technology and training.
To be eligible to receive this funding, the nonprofit must:
- Serve or advocate for and with the disability community
- Be located in Denver or primarily serve Denver residents
- Provide evidence that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused organizational financial hardship
FUNDING FOCUS AREAS
Disability Rights is seeking proposals from nonprofits that are requesting funding for one (or more) of the below categories:
- Advocacy for people with disabilities: Advocacy can include legal or non-legal advocacy at the systemic or individual level. Funds may not be used for lobbying efforts.
- Direct services and supports: Organizations may seek funding to support direct service provision, such as peer counseling, benefits counseling, youth services, housing assistance, education and training for individuals with disabilities, vocational assistance, or similar direct services.
- Assistive Technology & Training. Organizations may seek funding to purchase training or assistive technology to use to support their services to individuals with disabilities, to purchase training or devices directly for individuals with disabilities, to provide training to staff or others about working with people with disabilities, or other similar services.
FUNDING REQUEST AMOUNTS
Proposals will be accepted for grant requests up to $50,000.
All questions regarding this request for proposal should be submitted in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 6, 2023. Answers to questions will be posted via HRCP's funding opportunities webpage no later than close of business February 8, 2023.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
One (1) electronic copy of the proposal and any supporting documents must be submitted in response to the RFP. Please submit proposals via email to email@example.com. The RFP name and number must be included in the subject line of the email.
The RFP in its entirety and application can be found below:
Disability Rights Disability Community Support Grants RFP and Application(PDF, 281KB)