DPR's Therapeutic Recreation internship program provides a well-rounded experience with program planning and one-on-one client work.
This internship is 15 hours per week (600 hours total) and requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from candidates.
Internship Duration and Application Deadlines
- Winter/Spring: January-April | apply by Sept. 15
- Summer: May-August | apply by January 15
- Fall: Sept.-Dec. | apply by April 15
Please follow the following steps to apply for an internship in Therapeutic Recreation with DPR's Adaptive Recreation division.
- Visit the City & County of Denver Jobs site
- Search for "Therapeutic Recreation"
- Follow the job listing link to apply
- Complete the application in its entirety*, including all required information such as school transcripts and letters of recommendation
*If you are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you may save the information and return to the application at another time.
Contact DPR Adaptive Recreation with comments and concerns:
Leah Huffer-Solomon, CTRS