The following cannabis facilities require a health plan review:
- All medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries
- All medical and recreational cannabis extraction facilities (MIPs)
Plan Review Requirements:
- A brief written description of the scope of work and what changes/construction will occur.
- Completed Plan Review Application
- Detailed product list including all edible/orally consumable products.
- Floor plan of the entire facility identifying the location of all new and existing plumbing fixtures and equipment.
- Equipment specification cut sheets including the make/model and showing the equipment to be of commercial design. If the specification sheet lists more than one piece of equipment, identify the specific equipment used.
- Plumbing plan identifying the hot and cold-water supply, waste lines from fixtures, water heater location, floor drain and sink locations.
NOTE: The plan review application must be completely filled out including finish schedule, equipment list, plumbing list, and hot water calculations. Notations of “See Plans” or “Existing” will not be accepted. Failure to include all requested information may delay the review and/or approval of your plans.
Top Reasons for Non-Approval:
- Plan Review Application, Menu/Product List and Equipment Specification cut sheets are not provided or are not fully completed
- Not all food service equipment is identified or provided in plans
- Fixtures/sinks are not identified by use (ex: hand sink, prep sink, dump sink, etc.)
- Hot water calculations or the heater make/model is not provided
- Facilities going through a remodel do not provide plans of the existing facility
NOTE: Chapter 23 of the Denver Municipal Code requires that we conduct a plan review for the entire facility as well as areas going through new construction. Due to the fact that the scope of work requires a building permit, the entire facility is required to provide plan review material verifying the facility is in compliance with the most recent rules and regulations.
Food and Cannabis Regulations
Health Plan Review Contact:
720-865-2832 (voicemail box only)
All other inquiries: