Upon application, you will need to pay a license fee based off of the number of children.
$25.00 - 1 to 8 children
$100.00 - 9 to 25 children
$200.00 - 26 children
These fees can be paid with a bank account or a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
If you are applying as a non-profit and would like to request a fee waiver:
During the application process, a package will be assembled for you from the following three applications.
A Licensed Establishment Application
This application captures information about the location where you operate the Child Care Center. You will be asked to provide:
- A valid Denver address
- A Zoning Use Permit issued at the address of your Licensed Establishment that demonstrates one of the following uses:
- Child Care Center (number of children allowed for premises)
Please note: The name of the business on the Zoning Use permit does not have to match the License Holder name. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Possession of Property Certificate(PDF, 906KB) or Lease that shows that you either own the property or will have possession of it for at least 90 days after the day you submit your application. If submitting a lease, please submit in it's entirety to include sublease, amendments, assignments, signature pages, etc.
- If renting, a letter from landlord granting permission for Child Care Center. Letter must also state which rooms in building will be utilized for child care.
- A detailed Floor Plan. See webpage for instructions.
- Details for one to three On-Site Managers*, including their name, date of birth, home address and contact information. On-site Managers are individual(s) you designate who have the authority to make decisions regarding the Licensed Establishment. They must have access to and control over the Licensed Establishment at all times. A copy of a Valid State or Federally Issued ID.
An Entity Registration Application
This application captures ownership information about the person or entity that will hold the license. You will be asked to provide:
- The Entity Type (one of the following):
- Sole Proprietor
- Limited Liability Company
- For-Profit Corporation
- Non-Profit Corporation
- The True Name of the Entity or Person who will hold the license
- A list of any Trade Names under which the entity operates
- Details about any individual who owns 10% or more of the entity including their name, date of birth, home address, and contact information
- Sole Proprietors will be asked to upload a copy of a Valid State or Federally Issued ID
- Corporations, LLCs, and Partnerships will be asked to upload a copy of their Organizational Documents, such as Bylaws, an Operating Agreement, a Partnership Agreement, Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing, etc., as applicable
Please note: Any entity or person that will hold multiple licenses in Denver will only have to complete this application once. We will then issue an Entity Registration ID that you can provide in lieu of this application in the application packages you will need to submit for other locations where you may have applicable licenses.
A Child Care Center License Application
This application verifies that you are eligible to obtain a Child Care Center License and reviews the rules and laws you must abide by as a license holder.