Liquor Licensing Division
Due to Senate Bill 20B-001 the attached highlighted fees for new applications, renewal, late renewal, reissuance renewal, and COVID-19 Temporary Modification fees for specific liquor license types will be waived from December 7, 2020 to December 7, 2021.
*** Concurrent review fee of $100.00 will not be waived and still needs to be paid to the state.
Welcome to the Liquor Licensing Division of the Department of Excise and Licenses. Colorado liquor and beer retail licenses are issued by both the City and State licensing authorities.
New: There is a new form that has been created to be used to re-issue a license if the license has been expired for more than 90 days but less than 180 days. The form is called DR-8407. Please follow the directions carefully.
Documents in Duplicate
All documents should be submitted in duplicate.
- One set for the Department of Excise and Licenses office
- One set is sent to the state of Colorado office.
Where to Submit . . .
Submit completed application forms to the Department of Excise and Licenses.
How to Submit an Application
There are a variety of ways that you can submit your New or Renewal application to the Department of Excise and Licenses. If renewing, please make sure to include your Business File Number (BFN) with the submittal.
- In an effort to protect public safety, in-person customer service at Excise and Licenses is being offered by appointment only. Please visit our appointments website to make an appointment.
- All license applications not available online can be submitted via email, EXLSubmit@denvergov.org, during this health crisis. When submitting your email application, please attach all documents pertaining to your license application to ONE email. Please visit our email application process page for more information on submitting email applications.
- You may also mail in your application with fees to:
City and County of Denver
Department of Excise and License
201 W Colfax Ave, Dept. 206
Denver, CO 80202
Make checks payable to: Manager of Finance
You may also pay for your applications online or via phone once you have submitted your application to Excise and Licenses. We will send you an invoice and you may pay virtually. Please visit our online payment process page for more information on how to submit payment for your applications.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311.
Learn more about Fingerprinting and Background Checks
Learn more about Public Hearings
View the Schedule of Public Hearings.
Please note: This schedule may not be comprehensive, and is intended to serve as a guide only. For more information about liquor and cabaret license hearings in your neighborhood, please contact your city councilperson or your Registered Neighborhood Organization.
Liquor Licenses News & Bulletin
Sign up for the latest liquor licenses news and bulletins.
Sign Up Now