Upon application, you will need to pay a $250 application fee and a $500 license fee. These fees can be paid with a bank account or a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
During the application process, a package will be assembled for you from the following three applications.
A Licensed Establishment Application
This application captures information about the location where you sell tobacco products. You will be asked to provide:
- A valid Denver address
- A Zoning Use Permit issued at the address of your Licensed Establishment that demonstrates one of the following uses:
- Retail Sales, Service & Repair, All Other
- Food Sales or Market
- Automobile Services
- Eating & Drinking Establishment
Please note: The name of the business on the Zoning Use permit does not have to match the License Holder name. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Possession of Property Certificate(PDF, 905KB) or Lease that shows that you either own the property or will have possession of it for at least 90 days after the day you submit your application. If submitting a lease, please submit in it's entirety to include sublease, amendments, assignments, signature pages, etc.
- Details for one to three On-Site Managers*, including their name, date of birth, home address and contact information. On-site Managers are individual(s) you designate who have the authority to make decisions regarding the Licensed Establishment. They must have access to and control over the Licensed Establishment at all times.
An Entity Registration Application
This application captures ownership information about the person or entity that will hold the license. You will be asked to provide:
- The Entity Type (one of the following):
- Sole Proprietor
- Limited Liability Company
- For-Profit Corporation
- Non-Profit Corporation
- The True Name of the Entity or Person who will hold the license
- A list of any Trade Names under which the entity operates
- Details about any individual who owns 10% or more of the entity including their name, date of birth, home address, and contact information
- Sole Proprietors will be asked to upload a copy of a Valid State or Federally Issued ID
- Corporations, LLCs, and Partnerships will be asked to upload a copy of their Organizational Documents, such as Bylaws, an Operating Agreement, a Partnership Agreement, Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing, etc., as applicable
Please note: Any entity or person that will hold multiple Retail Tobacco Store Licenses in Denver will only have to complete this application once. We will then issue an Entity Registration ID that you can provide in lieu of this application in the application packages you will need to submit for other locations where you sell tobacco products.
A Retail Tobacco Store License Application
This application verifies that you are eligible to obtain a Retail Tobacco Store License and reviews the rules and laws you must abide by as a license holder. You will be asked to provide:
Records of any alleged violation of law or rule related to tobacco sales issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (the FDA), the State of Colorado, or the City & County of Denver, to the entity or person applying for this license, or any of its owners, within the last five years