Firefighter Applicants - Invitation ONLY: The application is currently Closed.
Read Full Job Description(PDF, 137KB).
Orientation Group Scores(PDF, 167KB):
Firefighter Applicants: The application is currently Closed.
For more information visit: Becoming A Firefighter
Please click here to view score: Open Group Scores(PDF, 189KB)
Police Officer Applicants: The application is currently OPEN.
For more information visit: Becoming A Police Officer
In State and Out of State Lateral Police testing:
The In State application is currently Closed.
The Out of State application is currently Closed.
For more information visit: Lateral Police Officer
Lateral Firefighter: The application is currently Closed.
For more information visit: Lateral Firefighter
Fire Systems Technical Specialist: The application is currently Closed.
Fire Mechanic: The application is currently Closed.
Read the full Job Description
Fire Assistant Master Mechanic: The Application is Closed.
Read the full Job Description
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT): The application is currently Closed.
Read the full Job Classification
New Application System
We have recently implemented a new application system. Below you will find information to assist in applying to an open Job Posting.
Prior to applying for any job posting, please review the Applicant Informational Booklets available for Firefighter and Police Officer to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications and to understand the testing/ screening process.
As part of the application process you will need the required documents ready to upload to your application:
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma or Transcript
- DD214 (if applicable) Member 4 or Service 2 copy
- Resume (not required but helpful to import general information to your application)
Applying for a Firefighter or Police Officer position. Follow these steps:
- All positions at the City and County of Denver are posted on the Career Site
- Police and Fire positions are also posted on this Website.
- You will be required to create an account using your email address, the first time you apply for a position. Please remember your login ID/password as the Commission will not be able to help you reset your ID/password
- When applying for a position, you can upload your resume to help populate your work experience and education portions of the application. Uploading a resume is optional.
- After you have entered your contact information, contact experience, and education, you will answer a series of application questions. Please answer these questions honestly and completely. During this time you may be requested to upload additional documents if available.
- Throughout the application process, you will be required to log in to your career site account to check for additional tasks and to view the status of your application. Also, check your personal email accounts for required tasks and information. Those emails will be coming from email@example.com.
Apply for a job online!