Denver City Council is the legislative body of our city government. Council’s duties and powers include policymaking and legislation, approving changes to the Denver Zoning Code, approving the budget and large contracts, representing our constituents, and advocating for our council districts. Individual council members can pursue policies as can the entire council.
Councilwoman Black’s legislative priorities include sustainability and waste reduction, addressing homelessness and increasing housing options, improving safety and mobility options for all residents, increasing our green spaces and improving parks and trails, and working toward a more inclusive and equitable city.
City Council’s 2022 Budget priorities include:
- Improve community engagement and customer service to support residents navigating city services, resources and accessibility including language access.
- Increase affordable housing options and support for those experiencing homelessness throughout our city. Mitigate and reduce involuntary displacement of community members and businesses.
- Reframe safety in a public health, evidence-based and anti-racist approach with community investment to ensure safe and healthy neighborhoods.
- Encourage innovation and prioritize the recovery and sustainability of local businesses, our workforce and community organizations.
- Protect our natural environment through policy and invest in communities to combat climate change.
- Increase complete multimodal transportation connections throughout the city.
City Council Home Page