Denver Human Services
Important Service Updates
Our services and benefits are accessible by phone and online. In most instances, we can help you without you needing to come to our building. See how you can "skip the trip"(PDF, 384KB) for many common services and transactions. Please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information. Apply for food, cash, medical, or child care assistance online at Colorado.gov/PEAK. Colorado PEAK features an automated customer service help desk, PEAK Chatbot(PDF, 457KB), that is available 24/7. You can also apply for food or cash assistance and check the current balance of your benefits with the MyCOBenefits app. The app is available for iOS and Android.
Let's Start Where You Are
Visit our Contact page for a list of frequently asked questions.
Building and Service Operations
All of Denver Human Services’ programs are available online or over the phone at 720-944-4DHS (4347). In most instances, we can help you get what you need without you having to come to our buildings.
- Visit Colorado.gov/PEAK to apply for food, cash, medical, and child care assistance, and RTD's LiVE transit program.
- Residents seeking help with rent or evictions, mortgage assistance, utility assistance, and property tax relief can visit our Additional Assistance page.
- To apply for the Denver Property Tax Relief Program, please visit Denvergov.org/PropertyTaxRelief.
- Click here for information on how to pay child support payments.
- Need to pick up an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card? Once your application is processed, we will deliver the card to you via priority mail. If you have immediate needs or are unable to receive a card by mail, you may make an appointment to pick up your EBT card in person at any of our three locations. Call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for info or to make an appointment.
- To report the suspected abuse or neglect of a child, call 844-CO-4-KIDS 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Paper applications can be picked up and complete applications can be dropped off at our offices. Find the location nearest you here.
Report Abuse or Neglect
We all play a role in keeping children safe. To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437).
For more information about reporting suspected child abuse or neglect, or the abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an at-risk older adult, visit our report page here