The Nonprofit Engagement Commission serves as a catalyst for leveraging the best of Denver’s public and nonprofit sectors and their commitment to engaging in innovative and collaborative work. The Commission’s core work is focused on providing support for the Office of Nonprofit Engagement and the implementation of its strategies and goals.
It is made up of representatives from the nonprofit, government, and for-profit sectors, and Commissioners serve two-year terms. Applications for the Commission are accepted annually at any time, but has specific recruitment focus occurring in January and February, with new appointments being made in April.
The Nonprofit Engagement Commission is a group of dedicated community members and nonprofit leaders who advocate for Denver nonprofits. We bring the voices and concerns of nonprofits directly to the mayor’s office, paving a way for more vibrant partnerships.
We are currently recruiting commissioners that represent Denver’s diverse and thriving nonprofit sector to join us in our efforts to strengthen our city check out our 2021 Commission Priorities for more info!
2021 COMMISSION PRIORITIES
- Support Nonprofits that Serve our Unhoused Neighbors
- Advocate for the end of the traumatic displacements of our unhoused neighbors
- Support aligned housing policies on the state level
- Advance the Work of the Mayoral Nonprofit Wellbeing Taskforce Improve and streamline the contracting process within the City of Denver
- Increase operating funds for all nonprofits
- Amplify the Stories of Nonprofits Elevate the diverse voices, achievements, and needs of local nonprofits through storytelling
The Nonprofit Engagement Commission meets the fourth Thursday of every month from 12pm to 1:30pm. The commission is meeting virtually during the COVID19 pandemic.
Zoom Meeting Information
Zoom Link: https://denvergov-org.zoom.us/j/89330127937?pwd=SWZiS3l5ZnRNZ2ovVDAxY2pXSW5pQT09
Meeting ID: 893 3012 7937}
One tap mobile
+17209289299,,89330127937# US (Denver)
If you need a sign language interpreter or CART Services, contact SignLanguageServices@denvergov.org with at least a three (3) business day notice. For other public accommodation requests/concerns related to a disability, please contact DisabilityAccess@denvergov.org.