CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING LIGHTING CRITERIA
1. Applications must be received a minimum of 60 days in advance of the requested lighting date.
2. Applicants must represent one of the following:
- A Denver-based nonprofit organization with with 501 (C)(3) status and its principal office address located within the City and County of Denver; or
- A 501(C)(3) organization with a Denver-based chapter that is registered with the Colorado Secretary of State.
3. Requests must fall within one of the following categories:
- Extraordinary events/occurrences of city, state, national or international significance
- Non-profit awareness initiatives
- Non-profit organization milestones or significant anniversaries (in 25-year increments)
- City and County of Denver initiatives
4. Requests must align with City and County of Denver values and will not be considered for groups that discriminate against age, disability, race, color, religion, national origin, military status, gender, gender variance or marital status.
5. Requests for advertising purposes or commercial promotions will not be considered.
6. Requests will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING LIGHTING POLICIES
- No more than three separate lightings will take place each month
- The CCB will not be lit for more than 15 days total each month
- Lightings dates must coincide with the activities or programming related to awareness initiative
- Lightings can be requested for one day or multiple consecutive days; maximum of 7 consecutive days
- Lights will be displayed at sundown through 10:45 pm on the requested date(s)
- Approved lightings may be re-scheduled due to priority requests of the City and County of Denver
- A single organization is eligible to light the CCB for only three consecutive years. Future lighting requests will be accepted once one off-year has occurred.
- Open enrollment will occur at the beginning of each year (on January 1), except for:
- Applicants requesting to light the city and county building in the month of February can submit their nomination form beginning December 1.
- Applicants that submit their applications before the open enrollment period will be asked to resubmit on January 1 or after. The request will only be considered once resubmitted.