Week of Oct. 25 & Nov. 1, 2021
Ramps at Bannock, Champa & Logan Streets will be closed intermittently for concrete replacement.
E. Iliff Ave. to S. Quebec St.
TRAIL DETOUR UPDATE | AUGUST 2021:
This project is entering its final phase of construction where the existing regional trail along the western side of the creek will be demolished and replaced with a new concrete trail, gravel shoulder, and rest areas.
To accommodate this work, the regional trail will be detoured onto the new secondary trail on the east side of the creek for approx. a half-mile, beginning mid-August for approx. 6-8 weeks. The Quebec underpass will also remain closed throughout the duration of this detour.
From the north heading south:
Please use the ramp up to Quebec Street and cross following traffic signals; continue north along the east side of Quebec street over the creek where you will enter the project site on a temporary asphalt path heading south to the permanent concrete secondary trail. From there, you will cross a permanent bridge and follow another temporary asphalt path to connect to the existing regional trail slightly south of Jewell Street. Continue South along the existing trail route.
From the south heading north:
Please follow detour signs down the temporary asphalt path north of Trenton St. where you will cross a permanent bridge structure and follow the permanent concrete trail on the east of the creek. You will then connect with a temporary asphalt trail and turn south on the Quebec sidewalk across the creek. Cross Quebec following the traffic signal and continue down the ramp to the main regional trail existing route.
The new regional trail is anticipated to open to the public later this fall. Landscaping work, including tree and shrub plantings, will continue in the spring of 2022 and 2023.
Please use an abundance of caution along the detour at all times:
- Remain on the designated trail at all times
- Follow all detour signage at all times
- Follow all traffic signals to cross Quebec Street
- Do not cross any construction fences, barriers or signage
- Please note the detour is narrower: Keep to the right and use caution at all times, especially when passing other trail users
- If you need to stop, pull over onto the gravel shoulder, out of the main path of travel
- Slow your speed! Follow the speed limit of 15mph and slow down as needed to maintain a safe environment for all users
- Learn more about trail rules and etiquette
Summer 2019 - 2021: Concrete Express will begin construction of the Cherry Creek Corridor Improvements Project. Work will occur in and along Cherry Creek and is anticipated to last approx. 2 years.
The work includes stream improvements, site grading, revegetation and recreational-use trails. Trail detours are anticipated to begin Fall 2019.
Additional Cherry Creek Trail information