December's STAR Advisory Committee meeting is rescheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021. Get details here.
Denver Public Health & Environment (DDPHE) is expanding the Support Team Assisted Response (STAR) Program, which has been piloted by the Denver Department of Safety since 2020. The STAR Program deploys Emergency Response Teams that include Emergency Medical Technicians and Behavioral Health Clinicians to engage individuals experiencing crises related to mental health issues, poverty, homelessness, and substance abuse.
To request support from the STAR team, please call 9-1-1 if in Denver, or call the Denver Police Department's non-emergency line at 720-913-2000 and an operator will dispatch the most appropriate, available response.
The STAR Community Advisory Committee
The STAR Community Advisory Committee is a diverse, formally organized group of Denver residents who provide guidance and help to raise awareness and understanding of the program within the community. The Committee is comprised of 15 volunteer members from across Denver who meet monthly to track and evaluate the outcomes of the STAR program and provide input and feedback from the community. The Committee is an opportunity for Denver residents to be involved with and ensure the implementation of core community values in the STAR program.
The STAR Community Advisory Committee is composed of Denver residents representing each City Council district. The goals of this group are:
- Ensure the STAR Program’s fidelity to its Core Values
- Advise on the integration of community engagement services into the emergency response component of STAR
- Create awareness and understanding of the STAR Program within the community
- In partnership with the Denver Department of Public Health and Environment (DDPHE), act as an ambassador for the program
The function of this group are:
- Data tracking and evaluation of outcomes for the STAR Program
- Qualitative tracking and ensuring fidelity to its Core Values
- Discuss feedback from the community regarding the STAR Program