Denver Animal Protection and Animal Shelter
We provide animal care and protection services for all of Denver County. We foster the human-animal bond by protecting the safety and welfare of Denver's animals and people. Denver Animal Protection is committed to:
- Providing humane care to companion animals
- Reuniting lost pets with their owners
- Adopting pets to loving homes
- Enforcing Denver County animal ordinances
- Educating the public about animals, their needs and our critical role as a community resource
- The Denver Animal Shelter is an open-admission shelter that is home to more than 6,000 lost and abandoned pets each year.
Champions for Excellent Care
We are an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital. That means we hold ourselves to a higher standard. Pets are our passion. And keeping them healthy is our number one priority. Here, we strive to deliver excellent care for pets. Because your pets deserve nothing less. Learn more about AAHA accreditation and why our accreditation is important to you and your pet. Visit aaha.org/petowner.
Denver Animal Protection is a proud recipient of funding from Maddie's Fund