A Zone User Permit is required before submitting a liquor application.
A use permit is a document granting the applicant/owner of a lot, building, or structure permission for the requested use of the land. "Use" can be defined as any activity, occupation, business or operation transacted in a building or on a lot/tract of land.
You can use the resources on the Internet to plan ahead before you lease or buy property and before you apply for your business license. Follow the steps below to learn more about the approved zone uses for the address where you want to locate your business. Start on the Find Your Zoning page.
- Enter the desired address. Click Search.
- Note the Zone District.
- Click on the + to Expand for more information.
- Note the Neighborhood Context.
- Click on the link for the Zoning Code or in Former Chapter 59.
- Click on the Article # for the Neighborhood Context noted above.
- Open the document and scroll to the "Use" tables at the bottom of the document.
- Find the "Use" category in the left column and the Zone District in the columns to the right.
- The code in the intersecting square represents the permitted use. (There is a key to the codes at the top of every page.)
Ultimately, the zone use permit for your business license must be approved and issued by the Zoning department. Learn more about the Denver Zoning Code or visit the Zoning Office.
Applying for a Zone Use Permit
Office Hours and Location
General Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Webb Municipal Office Building
201 W. Colfax Avenue, 2nd Floor
All City Services: (720) 913-1311
General: (720) 865-3000