Upon application, you will need to pay a $50 license fee for peddler (non-food). These fees can be paid with a bank account or a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
The following documents are required upon application for a peddler (non-food):
For Disabled Peddler
Disabled peddlers may petition the Director, in writing, for an exemption from the prohibition against the use of carts, dollies, wagons, or any other wheeled devices.
The petitioner must prove the following:
- The petitioner’s qualification under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, by a written letter from a licensed physician attesting that the petitioner has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- The petitioner’s need for the specific accommodation requested.
Upon verification that the petitioner has established both of the above prerequisites, the Director may grant an exemption that allows only the following:
- The disabled peddler may use one, and only one, cart, dolly, wagon, or other wheeled device; and
- The disabled peddler may only carry the quantity of goods and/or merchandise that the peddler reasonably would be able to carry on the peddler’s person, but for the disability.
All petitions must include the following:
- A photograph of the proposed cart, dolly, wagon, or wheeled device;
- A written description of the size and dimensions of the proposed wheeled device; and
- A written explanation of the intended manner and method of its use.
In deciding whether to grant the petition, the Director may consider whether the proposed cart, dolly, or wheeled device might have a negative impact upon public health, welfare, or safety, or whether the proposed cart, dolly, or wheeled device might block or interfere with the public’s use of the right-of-way. The Director may seek the advice and consent of the Department of Public Works in deciding whether to grant the petition, to deny the petition, or to grant the petition with written limitations upon the manner, method, or location of the proposed device’s use.
For Peddler Sponsor (Which cannot be submitted online, can submit via email, in-person, or mail)
For Peddler Sponsor Fees
Application Fee: $25.00
License Fee: $500.00
Fingerprint Fee: $16.50
Fees can be paid with cash, check, money order or credit card. Checks should be made payable to Manager of Finance. We cannot accept credit card payments over the phone or through the mail.