Denver Human Services

Important COVID-19 Updates

Denver Human Services is currently offering services only by phone and online - our offices are closed to in-person services. Please call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for more information. Apply for food, cash, medical, or child care assistance online at You can also apply for food or cash assistance (not medical assistance) and  check the current balance of your benefits with the MyCOBenefits app. The app is available for iOS and Android.

photo of mother and sun outside in front of trees looking up at the sky  

Let's Start Where You Are

COVID-19 Updates

Expect Longer Wait Times Over the Phone

We are experiencing longer-than-usual wait times on the phone, and due to increased volume, it is also taking longer than usual to process benefits. Please continue to submit changes to your case online through Colorado PEAK or drop off documents at one of the secure drop boxes located at each of our buildings. 

Visit our Contact page for a list of frequently asked questions. 

Emergency/Disaster Assistance Now Available for Qualifying Residents 

If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, have a child living with you at home, and earn up to $75,000/year, you may qualify for up to $4,000 (depending on need) of emergency assistance.

This money can be used to pay rent/mortgage, cover home or auto repairs, pay medical or mental health bills, buy food, and more! To apply, visit and apply for Colorado Works/TANF by clicking “Apply for Benefits”. Call us at 720-944-4DHS (4347) with any questions.

Building and Service Operations 

All of Denver Human Services’ programs are available online or over the phone at 720-944-4DHS (4347).

  • Visit to apply for food, cash, medical, and child care assistance, and RTD's LiVE transit program.
  • Residents seeking help with rent or evictions, mortgage assistance, utility assistance, and property tax relief can visit our Additional Assistance page.
  • To apply for the Denver Property Tax Relief Program, please visit
  • Click here for information on how to pay child support payments. 
  • To report the suspected abuse or neglect of a child, call 844-CO-4-KIDS 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Paper applications can be picked up and complete applications can be dropped off at our offices. Find the location nearest you here.

Denver Human Services offices will continue to offer services only online and by phone for the time being to protect the health and safety of the community and help limit the spread of COVID-19.

Emergency Food Assistance

Additional food assistance resources are available for Denver residents of all ages who are impacted by COVID-19. Find more information on the City and County of Denver’s COVID-19 Food Assistance page here.

Apply for Assistance

We all need to ask for a little help sometimes. From housing to healthy food or child support and medical assistance—no matter your need, our team is here to help you be supported.

Let's start where you are. Find information about food, cash, and medical assistance, and all the ways you can apply, here.


Report Abuse or Neglect

We all play a role in keeping children safe. To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)
For more information about reporting suspected child abuse or neglect, or the abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an at-risk older adult, visit our report page here.