Expect Longer Wait Times Over the Phone
We are experiencing longer-than-usual wait times on the phone, and due to increased volume, it is also taking longer than usual to process benefits. Please continue to submit changes to your case online through Colorado PEAK or drop off documents at one of the secure drop boxes located at each of our buildings.
Visit our Contact page for a list of frequently asked questions.
Emergency/Disaster Assistance Now Available for Qualifying Residents
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, have a child living with you at home, and earn up to $75,000/year, you may qualify for up to $4,000 (depending on need) of emergency assistance.
This money can be used to pay rent/mortgage, cover home or auto repairs, pay medical or mental health bills, buy food, and more! To apply, visit Colorado.gov/PEAK and apply for Colorado Works/TANF by clicking “Apply for Benefits”. Call us at 720-944-4DHS (4347) with any questions.
Building and Service Operations
All of Denver Human Services’ programs are available online or over the phone at 720-944-4DHS (4347).
- Visit Colorado.gov/PEAK to apply for food, cash, medical, and child care assistance, and RTD's LiVE transit program.
- Residents seeking help with rent or evictions, mortgage assistance, utility assistance, and property tax relief can visit our Additional Assistance page.
- To apply for the Denver Property Tax Relief Program, please visit Denvergov.org/PropertyTaxRelief.
- Click here for information on how to pay child support payments.
- Limited in-person EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card pickup is available by appointment only at the Richard T. Castro Human Services Center (1200 Federal Blvd.). Call 720-944-4DHS (4347) to make an appointment and for more information.
- To report the suspected abuse or neglect of a child, call 844-CO-4-KIDS 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Paper applications can be picked up and complete applications can be dropped off at our offices. Find the location nearest you here.
Denver Human Services offices will continue to offer services only online and by phone for the time being to protect the health and safety of the community and help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Emergency Food Assistance
Additional food assistance resources are available for Denver residents of all ages who are impacted by COVID-19. Find more information on the City and County of Denver’s COVID-19 Food Assistance page here.