Early January 2020 — late July 2020 (7 months)
Construction in westbound lanes of E. Colfax Avenue at Jackson Street
- During this phase of construction, the westbound lanes of E. Colfax Avenue around Jackson Street will be closed, while the eastbound lanes of E. Colfax will remain open and adjusted to provide one eastbound and one westbound lane for traffic.
- Access to Jackson Street from E. Colfax will not be open to vehicles during work in westbound lanes of E. Colfax.
Late July 2020 — early November 2020 (3 months)
Construction in eastbound lanes of E. Colfax Avenue at Jackson Street
- The westbound lanes of E. Colfax will be reopened and adjusted to provide one lane of traffic in each direction.
- Access to Jackson Street from E. Colfax will reopen.
- The traffic plan on E. Colfax will “flip” for pipe installation to begin in the eastbound lanes of E. Colfax Avenue around Jackson Street and the eastbound lanes will be closed.
- NJH remains accessible from 14th Avenue at Jackson Street.
January 6, 2020 — mid November 2020 (10 months)
- North end of Jackson ROW/NJH parking lot (Driveway to Circle Entrance)
Mid November 2020 — late June 2021 (7 months)
South end of Jackson ROW/NJH parking lot (Circle Entrance into E. 14th Avenue) and East 14th Avenue between Garfield and Harrison Streets
- Vehicle and pedestrian access to NJH will move back to E. Colfax from the temporary location on E. 14th
- Pedestrian access from NJH parking lots south of E. 14th Avenue will be across E. 14th at Harrison Street.
- Full lane closures will be required on E. 14th Avenue in the area around Garfield, Jackson and Harrison Streets during the final phase of the project to ensure the safety of the construction crews as they install the new pipe.
- Detours will be put in place during this phase of construction