Please read the information below before submitting inquiries.
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) Requests
The City and County of Denver is committed to making city government open, accountable and accessible to the public. The City’s approach to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) is an important part of its pledge to transparency to build trust with our residents. These guidelines help City agencies and departments provide the public with efficient access to documents and records pursuant to the Colorado Revised Statutes, C.R.S. §24-72-205(6). Learn more about CORA.
The Department of General Services is comprised of three divisions including: Administration, Facilities Management, and Purchasing. General Services processes CORA requests specific to its functions and responsibilities in the City and County of Denver.
General Services is the custodian of record for the following commonly requested records:
- Request for proposals
- Proposal documents
- Score sheets
- Bid documents
- Security camera footage
CORA requests for records pertaining to security arrangements will be reviewed by the Denver City Attorney’s Office. Requests for preservation pertaining to legal matters must be submitted by requestors to the Denver City Attorney’s Office.
Security camera video is generally retained for 30 days. All requests must include:
- time range
- description of parties involved
For fulfilled requests, video footage with be produced on a DVD in its native file format and must be physically picked up at a designated city facility.
General Services is the custodian of record security camera footage associated with CCD owned and/or operated facilities with some notable exceptions that include:
- Denver Department of Safety (DOS)
- Cameras in/adjacent to DOS owned/operated facilities
- HALO cameras
- Body worn cameras
- Vehicle based cameras
- Denver Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI)
- Denver Parks and Recreation (DPR)
- Cameras in/adjacent to DPR owned/operated facilities
- Cameras located in DPR owned/operated parks
- Denver County Court (DCC)
- Colorado State Judicial
General Services is not the custodian of records and does not process CORA requests for other agencies or offices in the City and County of Denver. Please send requests for records to the agency custodian directly.
- Recorded documents, including approved contracts, may be requested from the Denver Clerk and Recorder.
- Criminal justice records may be requested pursuant to the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act (CCJRA) directly from the appropriate law enforcement agency. This includes the Denver Police Department, Denver Sheriff Department, Denver City Attorney’s Office, and the District Attorney’s Office
Please submit General Services CORA requests to email@example.com.
A CORA request received after 3:00 p.m., or any day the city is officially closed, will be considered received on the following working day.
For more information regarding CORA and fees associated with CORA requests, visit the city’s Colorado Open Records Act webpage.