Motor Vehicle - Title & Registration
DMV Modified Schedule Week of January 18:
All DMV locations will be operating on a reduced schedule the week of January 18, 2021:
Mon., Jan. 18 - Closed for Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Tues., Jan. 19 - Early Closure, Open Hours: 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Wed., Jan 20 - Early Closure, Open Hours 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 21 - Early Closure, Open Hours 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 22 - Early Closure, Open Hours 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Important COVID-19 Updates
All DMV locations will reopen for in-person transactions on Tues., Jan. 5, 2021 for the regular hours of 7 am-3:30 pm Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri., and 7:30 am-3:30 pm on Wed.
Face masks are required for all customers and social distancing will be enforced. To keep lobby areas at a safe capacity, DMV Title and Registration staff will serve customers in the order in which they arrive, except for seniors and people living with disabilities who will receive priority service. Customers will receive a number when they arrive and will be notified by DMV Title and Registration staff when it is safe to enter the lobby. Additionally, dealers must utilize a specific dealer window at the Tremont branch location at 2855 Tremont Place, Denver, CO 80205.
Enforcement of expired tags by DPD and DOTI Right-of-Way enforcement officials is waived until Jan. 31, 2021. In addition, if you live in Denver and renewed your expired registration online on or after Nov. 23, you may have been charged a late fee. Request a refund of late fees by completing this form. Denver waived late fees through Jan. 31, 2021.
Denver Motor Vehicle 2021 Furlough Day Closures
2021 Furlough Day Closures:
In addition to regular holiday closures, Denver Motor Vehicle services will be unavailable on the following days in 2021 due to a citywide furlough:
- May 28 (Friday before Memorial Day)
- September 3 (Friday before Labor Day)
- November 26 (Friday after Thanksgiving)
- December 23 (Thursday before observed Christmas holiday)
Online Vehicle Services & COVID-19 Protocols
Many transactions can be completed online including:
- Vehicle registration renewals
- License plate or sticker replacements
- Address updates
- Some vehicle registrations
In-Person DMV Title & Registration Visits:
- If your transaction requires an in-person visit, please ensure you have all the needed documentation to avoid multiple trips to the DMV.
- To reduce the chances of COVID-19 exposure for clients and staff, DMV lobbies must remain at reduced capacity. Clients should check-in with staff upon arrival and follow their instructions for safe, socially distanced waiting.
- Clients with completed paperwork who are paying by check can place their information directly into a drop box at any of the five DMV branch locations without waiting. Staff will process and send the updated registration within 3-4 business days.
- To learn more about current Emissions Testing, visit our Emissions page.
- To learn about guidance for New Vehicle Purchases, visit our Register a New or Used Vehicle page.
Credit/Debit/E-Check Transaction Fee Changes
Beginning February 1, 2021, the following credit/debit card and e-check transaction fees will be reinstated:
- Credit/Debit card fee: 2.25% plus $0.75
- E-check fee: $1.00
Transaction fees apply to all credit card and e-check payments made online, in-person, and by phone. Transaction fees are non-refundable. No fees are applied to cash or mail-in check payments.
Transaction fee changes are necessary due to City budget reductions caused by the economic impacts of COVID-19. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
UNOFFICIAL DENVER MOTOR VEHICLE WEBSITES
The official website for information regarding registering your vehicle, renewing your vehicle registration or titling your vehicle in the City and County of Denver is www.denvergov.org/dmv or www.pocketgov.org for online renewals. If you’re not on a www.denvergov.org webpage, then you may be on an unofficial website that is not associated with the City and County of Denver.
Unofficial DMV websites try to represent the state and county level DMVs and contain information that is similar but not approved by the City and County of Denver. Some unofficial websites may also ask for your personal information and in some cases may ask for financial information. Please use caution before providing personal information to any unofficial website.
Not Registered to Vote?
Visit Go Vote Colorado