You are required to obtain a City and County of Denver film permit if ANY of the following apply to your shoot on public property (parks, streets, sidewalks and alleys):
- the production involves more than 5 people total (crew subjects/actors)
- equipment other than handheld cameras is being used
- the flow of traffic, pedestrian or vehicular, will be impacted
- public parking is utilized or impacted
- a generator is being used
- pyrotechnics are being used
- chase scenes, violence or crime is being depicted
- you would like exclusive use of an area; closing it down to the public
Even when a film permit is not required, it is your responsibility to know the rules governing the area in which you are shooting and to ensure that the location remains open to the public. Please review the City and County of Denver's Film Permit Rules and Regulations and also Denver's Park Rules prior to any shoot in public parks.
Note: Film permits are NOT required for same-day media coverage.