First-time applications are initially processed by US Postal Service.
To apply, please mail the completed application and required supporting documents to:
Denver Police Department
Attn: Concealed Weapon Unit
1331 Cherokee Street
Denver, CO 80204
After the application is mailed, applicants will be contacted by phone to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting and a photograph. The appointment will be made after all mailed materials are reviewed and initial eligibility is confirmed.
When applying by mail, applicants must provide the following documents:
1) The completed and unsigned County Sheriffs of Colorado Concealed: Handgun Permit Application. Applications must be signed in the presence of the issuing County Sheriff or their designee during the appointment for fingerprints and a photograph which will be scheduled later.
Permit Application(PDF, 193KB)
You must complete the concealed handgun permit Supplemental Form if you answered "yes" to question 14 on the application.
Supplemental Questionnaire(PDF, 40KB)
Permit Information Packet(PDF, 134KB)
2) An original handgun training certificate or photocopy that includes the original signature of the class instructor. Certificates must contain applicant's name, course name and date and instructor's original signature. Online, home study and hunter safety courses will not be accepted.
3) A valid Colorado State identification card.
4) Proof of Denver County residency. Examples can include: lease agreement, mortgage statement, copy of tax statement, bank statement, pay stub, and voter registration. NO OTHER DOCUMENTATION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
5) A cashiers check or money order in the amount of $152.50, payable to the Denver Police Department. Cash or personal checks will not be accepted.
Please Note: Effective March 14, 2014, concealed handgun permit applications (new and renewals) must be submitted to the county sheriff's office where you reside, own a property or own a business.
Please complete the following documents prior to fingerprinting and photograph appointment: