Denver Health is a comprehensive, integrated organization providing level one care for all, regardless of ability to pay. Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their healthcare at Denver Health. One in three children in Denver is cared for by Denver Health physicians.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health has provided billions of dollars in uncompensated care. Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality healthcare system serving as a model for other safety net institutions across the nation.
Denver Health's Mission:
- Provide access to the highest quality health care, whether for prevention, or acute and chronic diseases, regardless of ability to pay
- Provide life-saving emergency medicine and trauma services to Denver and the Rocky Mountain region
- Fulfill public health functions as dictated by the Denver Charter and the needs of the citizens of Denver
- Provide health education for patients
- Participate in the education of the next generation of health care professionals
- Engage in research, which enhances our ability to meet the health care needs of Denver Health system patients
Mental Health Services
The behavioral health services team consists of psychologists, psychiatrists, advanced practicing nurses, nursing staff, case managers, and social workers. They work together to provide the best care to those in our care. Services include medication management, individual therapy, group therapy, and case management. The High Acuity Transition (HAT) unit is located at the Downtown Detention Center and is a voluntary program designed for inmates with chronic and persistent mental illness.
The Male and Female Transition Units are located at the County Jail and provide clinical and transitional services to appropriate inmates with mental illness. A 30-day prescription for psychiatric medications is provided to inmates released into the community from Denver County in order to encourage a continuum of care.
Learn more about Denver Health by visiting denverhealth.org.