This section is responsible for providing legal services in all social services and welfare matters handled by the Denver Department of Human Services. These services include:
- civil prosecution of child neglect and abuse;
- termination of parental rights and adoption;
- establishing and collecting child support obligations;
- establishing legal guardianship for incapacitated adults;
- civil and criminal prosecution of welfare fraud; and
- employment law advice to the Department.
The Director of this section is Barbara Shaklee.
John Beckman and Kathryn Smith are Asst. Directors.