The Denver Latino Commission is seeking candidates!
The mission of the Denver Latino Commission is to oversee, recommend and influence policies that affect the Denver Latino community while maintaining and encouraging a constituent focus.
Click here for the application.
- Responds to emerging issues identified by the Mayor on a timely basis
- Responds to new or existing Latino issues/initiatives by communicating with the interested parties and serves as a sounding board to understand their issues/initiatives and take positions to relay to the Mayor in support of common goals identified
- Advises the Mayor on suggested political positions
- Responds to state or local legislative issues impacting the Latino community
The Commission is specifically looking for individuals from the following backgrounds:
- Immigrant Communities
- Youth/College-aged Students
- Health Care
- Young ProfessionalsHuman Services
The Commission meets monthly the third Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at various locations throughout the City. For an exact meeting location, please refer to the Denver Latino Commission website: https://www.denvergov.org/Default.aspx?alias=www.denvergov.org/LatinoCommission.
Interested applicants should submit the attached application and resume by close of business, January 10, 2014. If you have questions, please contact Anthony Aragon at 720-865-9032.