The Civil Service Commission is responsible for administering the testing process for entry-level and promotional positions within the Denver Fire and Police Departments, policy administration, and hearing disciplinary appeals of classified members. Through this website, you can obtain valuable career information and opportunities for testing.
Lateral Application: Closed
In State Lateral Police application is Closed
Out of State Lateral Police application is Closed
Police Applicants: Closed
Firefighter Applicants: Closed
Fire Systems Technical Specialists: Closed.
The application for FSTS (Radio) is CLOSED
The application for FSTS (Web Developer) is CLOSED
New Application System
We have recently implemented a new application system. Below you will find information to assist
in applying to an open Job Posting.
Prior to applying for any job posting, please review the Applicant Informational Booklets available for
Firefighter and Police Officer to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications and to understand the
As part of the application process you will need the required documents ready to upload to your application:
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma or Transcript
- DD214 (if applicable) Member 4 or Service 2 copy
- Resume (not required but helpful to import general information to your application)
Applying for a Firefighter or Police Officer position. Follow these steps:
- All positions at the City and County of Denver are posted on the Career Site
- Police and Fire positions are also posted on this Website.
- You will be required to create an account using your email address, the first time you apply for a position. Please remember your login ID/password as the Commission will not be able to help you reset your ID/password
- When applying for a position, you can upload your resume to help populate your work experience and education portions of the application. Uploading a resume is optional.
- After you have entered your contact information, contact experience and education, you will answer a series of application questions. Please answer these questions honestly and completely. During this time you may be requested to upload additional documents if available.
- Throughout the application process, you will be required to log in to your career site account to check for addtional tasks and to view the status of your application. Also check your personal email accounts for required tasks and information. Those emails will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org.