Skip navigation

Lodging / Entertainment Liquor License

Sale of beer, wine, and liquor for consumption on the premises. 

A Lodging/Entertainment liquor license can be issued to:

  • Lodging Facility - the primary business of which is to provide the public with sleeping rooms and meeting facilities; or
  • An Entertainment Facility - the primary business of which is to provide the public with sports or entertainment activities.  

Appointments for new licenses, renewals, transfers or modifications of existing licenses will be accepted Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm.

Please Note: 1 application per appointment. You can check-in 15 minutes early to appointment. You will not be able to check-in late for an appointment.


  • Sale, service and consumption of beer, wine, and liquor by the drink for on-premises consumption
  • Must have available a minimum of sandwiches and light snacks to patrons during all hours when the sale of alcohol is provided; however, lodging/entertainment licensees may serve as much of a meal as they desire. 

Seven days a week between 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m.

Multiple ownership is legal with the following classes of liquor licenses:

  • Other Lodging/Entertainment liquor licenses
  • Hotel and restaurant liquor licenses
  • Hotel and restaurant with optional premises
  • Retail gaming tavern licenses
  • Racetrack licenses
  • Brew pubs
  • Arts licenses
  • Beer and wine licenses
  • Club licenses
  • Public transportation system license
  • Vintner's restaurant licenses
  • 3.2% beer licenses

A 500 foot distance restriction from public and parochial schools, colleges, universities, and seminaries applies to new Lodging/Entertainment applications.  

Application Fees:

State - $600.00

City -   $1,000.00


Annual License Fees

State - $750.00

City -    $75.00


Fees for the Managers:

State - $75.00

City -   $75.00 

Complete set of Fingerprints:  $38.50

See documents required for a liquor license application.

Additional documents may be required for this class of license.  Check with the Department of Excise and Licenses for specific requirements.

  • The names of all managers must be provided to the local and state licensing authorities whether a principal to the licensee or someone else manages the licensed premises.
  • The manager of a lodging/entertainment license may only manage one lodging/entertainment facility.
  • A manager is required to file a manager registration form, an individual history form, fingerprints and pay a $75 fee to both the City and the State.
  • Any changes in mangers of lodging/entertainment facilities must be reported to both the City and the State within fie (5) days and a new manager must be registered within thirty (30) days of the change in manager.
  • A manager is required to submit a complete set of fingerprints.

          Fingerprint Information



State Statutes

Colorado StatuesColorado Liquor
and Beer Laws


Plan Extra Time!

Date Icon

Inspections and paperwork can take longer than you expect. Plan extra time to get your license.