Dec 3, 2018
Denver Human Services’ (DHS) Adopt-a-Family, Teen, or Senior Holiday Gift Drive kicked off on Thursday, November 1st. The annual holiday gift drive, coordinated by GIVE Denver, pairs dozens of donors in the community with hundreds of families, teens, and seniors who receive services from DHS. The drive ensures people served by DHS experience the joys of the holiday gift giving regardless of their financial or family situation.
In 2017, GIVE Denver provided holiday gifts to nearly 500 families, teens, and seniors served by DHS. Gift recipients are nominated by DHS caseworkers and staff and include those involved with foster care, adult protective services, and assistance programs, among others.
There are three easy ways to donate:
1. Adopt a family, teen, or senior: Team up with your network or register as an individual, then head to denvergov.org/GIVE to “adopt,” or sponsor, a family, teen, or senior. You’ll receive an individualized shopping list to use when shopping especially for them! Register to sponsor by December 1st.
2. Donate holiday gifts: Drop off a gift to any designated site by December 12th and GIVE Denver will deliver it to someone not adopted by a donor. For a list of commonly requested gifts, head to denvergov.org/GIVE. Designated sites include all Denver Human Services locations and the Wellington E. Webb Municipal Office Building (201 W. Colfax Ave.).
3. Make a monetary donation: Let GIVE Denver do the shopping for you and make a credit card donation by clicking HERE or send checks to GIVE Denver, 1200 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO, 80204 with “Adopt-a-Family” in the memo line. All donations are 100 percent tax deductible.
To adopt a family, teen or senior, make a donation, or for more information, please call 720-944-GIVE or visit denvergov.org/GIVE.
2018 Drop-Off Dates and Times
General gift donations can be dropped off at the GIVE Center at Denver Human Services (1200 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO, 80204) and the Wellington E. Webb Municipal Office Building (201 W. Colfax Ave.) during regular business hours.
For gifts to specific recipients and general gifts, drop-off dates and times are as follows:
· Sat., Dec. 1st, 10a - 3p
· Tues., Dec. 4th, 8:30a - 4p
· Thurs., Dec. 6th, 8:30a - 4p
· Fri., Dec. 7th, 8:30a - 4p
· Sat., Dec. 8th, 10a - 3p
· Mon., Dec. 10th, 8:30a - 4p
· Wed., Dec. 12th, 8:30a - 4p
NOTE: If you need to drop off to the GIVE Center outside of the scheduled drop-off times, please call GIVE Denver at (720) 944-GIVE (4483) to request and schedule a drop-off time when a staff or volunteer will be available to assist you.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services connects one in three people in Denver to services that support their overall safety and wellbeing. Programs offered by DHS include food, cash and medical benefits, child care, child support, employment and veteran services, overnight shelter, child, youth and adult protection, along with community-focused programming. For more information, please visit the Denver Human Services website.