Recycling your holiday tree is as easy as ever thanks to Denver Recycles’ annual Treecycle program. For every tree recycled with Treecycle, Denver residents help keep organic material out of the landfill, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and create mulch that is made available to Denver residents for free at the annual Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale in May. Participating in Treecycle is easy, free, and truly a no-brainer. Last year, Denver residents recycled more than 20,000 trees. Participate in this year’s Treecycle program and help Denver recycle even more!
After the holidays, follow these easy steps to recycle your tree:
- Remove all decorations, lights, and the tree stand from your tree
- Set your tree out for collection at your normal trash set-out location by 7 am on Friday, January 5th or by 7 am on Friday, January 12th
- Reclaim free mulch made from your tree at the annual Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale in May 2018
- Only natural, real trees are collected by Treecycle crews
- Trees set out by 7 am on Friday, January 5th will be collected by 5 pm Monday, January 8th
- Trees set out by 7 am on Friday, January 12th will be collected by 5 pm Monday, January 15th
- Trees will not be collected by Extra Trash crews during the first two weeks of January
- Trees must be placed at least two feet away from collection carts, structures and other obstacles. Do not place trees inside bags or collection carts.
- Trees may also be dropped off at one of two Treecyle drop-off sites, open through January 31st
- Treecycle is for Denver residents only
For more information about Treecycle, the annual Mulch Giveaway and Compost Sale or other Denver Recycles programs, visit DenverGov.org/DenverRecycles call 311 (720-913-1311).