Skip navigation

Sewer Use and Drainage Permits (SUDP)

SUDP permit

Before any building or construction may begin, a sewer use and drainage permit (SUDP) must be obtained for each building and/or individual tenant associated with a project. 


Invoices for Sewer Use and Drainage Permit (SUDP) fees for permit issuance must be paid prior to December 31 of the invoice year.  Additional fees at the new year current rate may be assessed and payment required for any prior year invoices.
NOTE:  Inspection fee collection for required inspections will be changing soon.  Inspection fees will be assessed and charged as part of the SUDP invoice for permit issuance starting in the summer of 2015.


Guidelines for Residential SUDP

Forms for Residential SUDP

Guidelines for Commercial SUDP

  • Submittal guidelines (PDF)
  • Also see "Requirements for specific project types" tab below for additional information.
  • See "Standards and details" tab for sanitary and storm sewer design information, and grease interceptor sizing.

Forms for Commercial SUDP


For information on standard fees, see Public Works /SUDP under Building and land development fees.

The following technical documents are sample design standards:


The following technical documents can be downloaded from the Standards and Details Technical Documents drop-down menu on the Wastewater Management's Engineering and Permits page.

  • Sanitary design and technical criteria manual 
  • Sanitary sewer master plan
  • Storm drainage design & technical criteria manual 
  • Storm drainage master plan
  • Wastewater detail and technical specifications 
  • Wastewater standard detail drawings  

Set up your  inspections  for all your Wasterwater sewer use and drainage permits (SUDP).

Electronic Plan Submission

All SUDP plans and applications can be submitted electronically by emailing your plans to, by using e-Plan or in person to the Development Services office.  

Attention: If you do not receive a response within two business days of your electronic submission, please call 720-865-3060 and leave a message with your contact information or send a follow-email to

  • Learn more about e-Plan and sign up for an e-Plan account.
  • If you already have an e-Plan account, login to submit your plans electronically.
    Login to ePlan

Contact Us

Development Services  
720-865-3060 (new number)

(Please leave a detailed message including the address of the property.)

Counter hours and location:
8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
(Appointments are recommended)

Wellington Webb Municipal Office Building
201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept 203
Denver, CO 80202

SUDP Status Report

To check the status of your SUDP application, please visit the Building Permit Status page.

Enter your SUDP log number using the year issued, the letters "SUDP" and the seven-character log number.

Example: 2015-SUDP-0000106