Skip navigation


Frequently Asked Questions

It depends on the organization. If you would like to receive correspondence from the agencies to which you donate, the best strategy would be to provide your home address.

The most valuable asset we have is the trust and confidence people have in our ability to meet community needs. DECC is audited each year by an independent accounting firm to ensure we are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles

You can receive personalized service on the status of your gift by contacting the DECC Coordinator at 303-561-2205.

Last year’s 2014 campaign started sending money to nonprofits at the beginning of 2015 when the first payroll deductions began and were received by DECC.  The timing of the payment is dependent on when DECC receives the funds from payroll. DECC will send out payments on the last day of each month for all payments received by the end of the previous month. For those agencies who do not have gifts designated to them totaling $250 for any given month, disbursements will be made once the minimum of $250 is reached or semi- annually (in June and December), whichever comes first. Payments will be made via electronic funds transfer to agencies.

Not a problem; simply ask your Lead Coordinator to put you in touch with the DECC Coordinator and they will assist you with the change.  If you would like to change the amount of payroll deduction, please contact your payroll department and they will assist you with the change.

DECC and all nonprofit organizations are required to provide receipts for one-time gifts of $250 or more if the gift is made by check, credit card, cash, or stock.  For all gifts under $250, DECC will issue tax documentation by request only.  This process excludes payroll deduction gifts because the donor’s pay stub and pledge form will satisfy the IRS regulations for claiming charitable contributions by payroll deduction.

If you give a minimum of $250 to eligible Child Care tax credit organizations or Denver Enterprise Zone tax credit organizations, you may receive either a 25% or 50% tax credit from the state, but only if you share your information with DECC.  To ensure your gift of $250 or more is eligible for a tax credit, ask your payroll to send confirmation of your individual payroll deductions to Mile High United Way.  Please refer to Mile High United Way’s website for the complete list of Tax Credit options,

Please do not consider the information in this section to be tax advice. We recommend you consult a professional tax advisor when it comes to filing taxes, and consult the IRS website at

Contact us for any additional questions at or at 303-561-2205.