Aid to the Needy Disabled
The Aid to the Needy Disabled program (AND) provides financial assistance to people who are not receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and provides Medicaid (medical insurance) benefits to people who are receiving SSI.
You can apply for AND at Denver Human Services if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a resident of Denver County;
- You were born in the United States or are a naturalized citizen or a legal alien; and
- You have been certified by a Colorado licensed doctor as being disabled for at least six months and without work capacity (if applicable)
If you are not receiving SSI, you must be between 18 and 59 years of age.
Applying to the Aid to the Needy Disabled program
Step 1: Get an application
Online: Click here to apply through PEAK!
In-person: You can come to any of our offices, Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m., and pick up an application:
- Castro Building, 1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
- East Office, 3815 Steele St., Denver, CO 80205
- Montbello Satellite Office, 4685 Peoria St., Denver, CO 80239
Mail or Fax: We can send an application to you by mail or fax – please call us at 720-944-3666 to have one sent to you.
Step 2: Complete the application
Please fill out as much of the application as you can. At a minimum we will need to have your name, home street address, and signature on the application to begin the process (see page 8 of the application). If you need help or don't understand a question, a staff member at one of our offices can help you complete your application or you can call us at 720-944-3666.
The application can be used just for requesting Food Assistance or for requesting other types of benefits; mark any of the benefits on the list on page 1 of the application that you wish to apply for.
Step 3: Return the application to one of our offices
You can return the application to any of the offices listed above. As long as you provide your name, home street address, and a signature, you can turn in the form to begin the process, but providing as much information as possible could help complete the process faster.