Skip navigation

Translate This Page


Child Care

Finding child care you trust is one of the most important tasks a parent can undertake. Understanding who qualifies as an appropriate caregiver and finding one nearby can be challenging – and we're here to help.

Our child care assistance team can connect you to resources to find the best provider for your children. If you need help paying for child care, we'll also help you apply for assistance.


What You Need To Know

If you're working, searching for employment, in a job-training program, or receiving cash assistance through Colorado Works, we'll work with you to make sure your child or children receive the care they deserve.

Colorado Shines, Colorado's quality rating and improvement system, has a helpful list of free resources and guides to help you identify the right child care provider for your child or children.

Also, you can search Mile High United Way's Child Care Reource database, or request support by phone by calling 2-1-1..

There are a few organizations that can help you locate and pay for preschool for your child. Check out the Denver Preschool Program, which helps families with 4-year-olds locate and pay for preschool, and Denver Great Kids Head Start, which helps families with children between ages 3 and 5 locate and pay for similar services.

The first step is to apply for child care assistance by filling out and returning the child care assistance application [PDF] in English and the application in Spanish [PDF]. Download the supplemental application packet here [PDF].

If you receive cash assistance through Colorado Works, your caseworker will help you determine if you qualify for child care assistance. You don’t need to apply again.

The income guidelines for 2020 are as follows: 

Family size

Gross income at application/redetermination
(225% FPL)

















If you'd like to submit a request for reduced fees, please fill out this form and submit it to your child care assistance caseworker.

Additionally, find the redetermination forms in Spanish and English.

If you need to submit changes to your employment or income status, family size, provider, child care schedule, etc., please fill out this form and submit it via email to

While our offices are closed to in-person service Good Beginnings Child Care Center is located on the first floor of the Richard T. Castro Human Services Center (1200 Federal Blvd.) and available for your children while you're applying for assistance benefits. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.


Additional Resources


You May Also Find Helpful



Get tips on identifying appropriate, short-term caregivers and other ways to keep your family strong and healthy.


Search Mile High United Way's child care referral resource database.


My Denver Card provides free access to Denver recreation centers, pools, and cultural facilities for youth ages 5-18.


Denver Health's Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) program provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy food, and other free services for qualifying Colorado families.


Get Started »

Download the child care assistance application packet. Fill it out as completely as possible and drop it off at one of our three locations.

Call us with any questions at 720-944-KIDS (5437) or email us at


Small child asleep in a car seat



Together, we’ve got this.


Colorado Works

Monthly cash assistance for individuals and families, plus connections to community resources to help you get back on your feet.


Colorado PEAK

See if you're eligible and apply online for benefits, including food, cash, medical insurance, and early childhood assistance.


Food Programs

Learn about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and where to receive discounted groceries near you.



Main Office, Richard T. Castro Human Services Center
1200 Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80204


Customer Service

720-944-4DHS (4347)

If you need Colorado Relay/TTY services in Denver, please call 711. If you need Spanish-language relay services, please call 800-337-3242.


City Assistance

Call 3-1-1

Outside Denver: 720-913-1311
Emergencies: 911
TTY Service: 720-913-8479





Sign up to stay in touch with Denver Human Services.