Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is the primary Web Content Management Stystem for the City and County of Denver. As one of the City's primary marketing platforms, AEM is a powerful tool for city agencies to feature their services, programs and special events under one umbrella to engage with our citizens. With an easy to use interface and robust technology features, AEM is an ideal way for content authors across the city to provide content at a dynamic pace. Here you will learn a bit more about the system, its uses, and how to get trained or get continuing education on using the platform.
There are six types of web templates that are used as the basis of each AEM page on DenverGov.org. Though the page structure itself can be modified with column controls, the essential templates are as follows:
- Master Template - Used only on the DenverGov.org homepage. This is a full width template with a header with no search bar and a footer. There are certain custom components that only work well in this template such as the Home Page Slider.
- Global Template - These are used on the secondary DenverGov.org pages (Neighborhood, Business, etc.) or other special instances where a sub-header navigation is not wanted. This template includes a search bar in the header but will not display any navigation below that regardless of any child pages attached to it and the standard footer
- Content Template - The most common template used by nearly every agency and department in the city. Includes full header with navigation, standard footer, and will display all secondary child pages as a secondary navigation, and sub-pages under those will show up in a drop down unless they are hidden.
- Safety Template - Used only by safety agencies. Similar to content template but has a cascading blue bar that applies to all pages/sub-pages with relevant contact and other information.
- Event Template - This template is only used in conjunction with the Calendar Component. These are special pages that are created to display events and their pertinent information and the Calendar Component will only display links to these type of page templates. Must have tags applied to them for categorization purposes.
- News Template - This template is only used in conjunction with the News List and/or RSS News Component. These are special pages that are created to display news and their pertinent information and the News List and RSS Components will only display links to these type of page templates. Must have tags applied to them for categorization purposes.