Skip navigation

Contractor Payments

Payment Alert & Investigation Desk 

With the passage by Denver City Council in May 2020 of a revised Ordinance authorizing the city’s work to help maintain a level playing field for small and disadvantaged firms on public contracts, we have created a streamlined dispute portal that will help DSBO ensure that contractors get paid faster.

This new portal is called the Payment Alert & Investigation Desk (PAID). 

  • Are you a subcontractor on a project that is larger than $1M?
  • Has it been more than 35 days since your invoice was submitted?
  • Has the work in question been accepted by the prime and otherwise not in dispute?

If you can answer yes to these three questions, the PAID program is right for you.

If you cannot answer yes to all three, but have a concern about a payment on a city project that you believe you are owed, please contact your Project Manager, your DSBO Compliance Coordinator, or

If you cannot answer yes to all three, you may choose to use the PAID program, although your dispute file may require additional time to investigate.

The link below will guide you through preparing and submitting your payment dispute file. In addition to your name and contact information, you will need:

  • The contract number (if you have it),
  • The name of the prime contractor,
  • The work order number of the specific task you performed, and
  • Your invoice.

The PAID team will review your dispute file within five business days. We may contact you for additional information. Please respond with the requested information within five business days.

You will be notified of the outcome of your PAID investigation and your payment status. Each case is unique, but our goal is to resolve PAID disputes as quickly as possible.

When you are ready to prepare your dispute file, please click the START HERE box below.

To save an incomplete file and return to it later, click [SAVE DRAFT].

When your dispute file is complete, click [SUBMIT APPLICATION].

If for any reason you are unable to proceed, email and we will help you get your dispute file started.