The Small Business Emergency Relief Fund (SBERF) launched on March 20, 2020 as a proactive measure to weather the economic crisis that COVID-19 would bring. To-date, the SBERF has provided 1,100 businesses with stabilization grants.
Applications are accepted until November 22 at 5 p.m. Continue reading for more information about the program and how to apply.
- Less than $2 million in revenue
- Less than 25 employees
- Located within the City and County of Denver
- Must have experienced a 25 percent revenue decline (from 2019)
- Previous recipients cannot receive a second grant
- Previous applicants who were not selected may re-apply, but have to submit a new application
Be aware that completing and submitting and application does not guarantee an award, as the needs are great across the city and additional eligibility and priority criteria apply. Next steps:
- Review the program overview and sample application to understand the required documentation and additional information needed to process your application.
- Head to the APPLICATION SITE and create an account. Please note that if you have previously applied, you cannot log in with your former login information. You must create a new account under the page's "SIGNUP."
- Complete the application and upload the required documents.
- If you are selected to receive a grant, our program partner, Mile High United Way, will email you an invitation to upload documents related to the electronic funds transfer (EFT). Please be sure to check your Junk or Spam folders before you alert us at InvestInDenver@denvergov.com that you did not receive the invitation.