Skip navigation

Rental and Utility Assistance


Translate This Page


Through its Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance program (TRUA), Denver can provide emergency rent and utility payments. Call 3-1-1 and press 6.

Denver Human Services offers eviction and rental assistance for people who are at risk of losing their housing. 720-944-4DHS (4347) or

Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS (HOPWA) support is delivered for Denver through the Colorado Health Network, including services for rent, substance abuse, and mental health. 303-837-0166 or

The Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is a federal program offering eligible households with a portion of their winter home heating bills (Nov-Apr). 1-866-HEAT-HELP (432-8435) or

Summer Energy Assistance can provide a portion of summer utility bills and heating and cooling device repairs (Jul-Sep). 720-944-4DHS (4347) or Tenant-landlord counseling

Denver has two programs offering low-cost legal resources. 303-996-0010 or, and 303-837-1313 or

Affordable rentals is the most comprehensive portal site that lists affordable rental properties in Denver, the region and the state. The site features listings by Housing Authorities and private landlords. 

Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) are available through the Denver Housing Authority (DHA). 720-932-3000 or

Access modification

Supported by the City and delivered through Denver Urban Renewal Authority, the Renter/Homeowner Access Modification helps those with disabilities make accessibility modifications around their homes. 303-534-3872 or