Denver currently has nine dog parks for park users to enjoy. All visitors must adhere to posted rules and regulations. Dog bag dispensers are available at all dog parks and patrons are asked to help keep them stocked. Before visiting a Denver Dog Park please keep the following in mind.
- Unlighted dog parks are open from sunrise to sundown, 7 days a week
- Lighted dog parks are open from 5am-11pm, 7 days a week
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered, or have a current Denver Intact Permit (Denver residents)
- Dogs must have current rabies and Denver dog license.
Dog Park Locations:
- Berkeley Dog Park - Sheridan and West 46th
- Kennedy Dog Park - Hampden and South Dayton
- Fuller Dog Park - Franklin and East 29th
- Green Valley Ranch East Dog Park - Jebel and East 45th
- Railyard Dog Park - 19th Avenue and Little Raven Street
- Lowry Dog Park - East 4th Place and South Yosemite Way
- Greenway Dog Park - E 22nd Ave and Syracuse Street
- Parkfield Dog Park- 53rd Avenue and Chambers Road
- Little Box Car - Broadway and Lawrence St.
Maintenance and Closures
Per dog park rules and city ordinance, dog handlers must dispose of dog feces properly and immediately. Dog bag dispensers are available at all dog parks and patrons are asked to help keep them stocked.
All dog parks are monitored by parks operations staff. Signage indicating status of condition is located at the entry to the dog park. This rating system is determined and monitored by parks staff, and if the designated off-leash area is not kept to the standard expected in the off-leash area, a warning sign will appear. If the area continues to be in poor condition, the off-leash area can be closed by parks staff. Signs indicate the rating status of the off-leash area:
- Green: indicates that the off-leash area is in good condition
- Yellow: indicates a warning that the off-leash area is in need of attention. If the area is not cleaned up by users of the dog park, it will be closed
- Red: indicates the off-leash area is in poor condition and is closed until further notice