Skip navigation


heavy duty construction equipment on property adjacent to a park

Construction and Access Permits
A Construction and Access Permit issued through Denver Parks and Recreation is required prior to any activity that will impact Denver Parks and Recreation facilities (parks, parkways, recreation centers, golf courses, trails, medians, etc.).  This includes access across or through Parks and Recreation property.

Learn more about the process and requirements for working in or near a Denver Park or Parkway.

Downloadable Materials:
Denver Parks Construction and Access Permit Application
Submittal checklist
Soil Reuse Guidance 

Permitee must provide the following information before any application will be processed:
►  Site plan showing existing conditions and specifying the exact location of proposed activity.

►  A certificate of insurance listing the City and County of Denver, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers are included as additional insured, the project location and a minimum $1 million (1,000.000.00) coverage specified.
(Absolutely no exceptions)

►  Certain situations will require specialized information such as grading plans, tree evaluations, construction access routes, signage, construction fencing and barricade locations, hours of operations, traffic control plans, temporary facilities, legal opinions, etc.

Additional Information

Denver Parks and Recreation is a Tier II member of the Utility Notification Center of Colorado (UNCC). This means that DPR manages utility locating services for the City and County of Denver that could potentially affect Denver park property. DPR's Underground Utility Investigation office is managed and supervised by the Department of Parks and Recreation Citywide Operations Division. Place a locate request by phone or email:

Phone: 720.865.6976

Emergency Locates:
For after-hours, weekend, and holiday emergency locates that may affect Denver Park property please call the locates hotline at: 720-865-6976 and follow the recorded instructions.

For all other utility markings, please call 811.

The Utility Notification Center of Colorado (UNCC) is the designated organization that manages all types of ground excavation in the State of Colorado. The main goal of this organization is to prevent human injuries and damages to underground utilities due to digging. 8-1-1 is the new federally-mandated number that should be called if you wish to start a digging project.