Skip navigation
Contact Us

Pat Hedrick, DJSC Director
Phone: (720) 913-8980
Fax: (720) 913-9928

What do I do if my child runs away?

Call the Denver Police at 720-913-2000 to have an officer dispatched to you.  While waiting for police to arrive, search your house, call friends and neighbors, and your child’s friends to see if they know where your child is. Find a recent photograph to give to the officer. Try to recall what your child was last wearing. Remain calm to provide the responding officer with as accurate and detailed information as possible.