Rent a City Vehicle
Welcome to the Motor Center website for City employees. If you have trouble finding what you're looking for, please contact the Motor Center and we'll point you in the right direction.
Employees may rent a city vehicle in order to conduct City business. A Driver Registration Form must be completed the first time they reserve a car.
Subsequent reservations should be made via email to the motor center. Only email reservations will be accepted. Please be sure to include the date you need the vehicle, the time you will sign-out and return the vehicle.
How to Reserve a Vehicle
The MotorCenter has more than 24 Toyota Prius Hybrids and 2 Chevrolet Mini Vans available for half-day and full-day rentals. Rental rates are revised annually.
- Please contact the Motor Center at 720-913-0795 for the current rates.
- In addition to a flat rate charged for full-day and half-day vehicle rentals, a mileage charge will apply to all vehicles larger than passenger cars.
- A charge for mileage will be assessed on passenger cars (for entire miles driven) when car is driven 50 miles or more.
- Renters must comply with Executive Order 3 related to the Motor Vehicle Program as well as the Rules and Policies of the Motor Center.
- You must be a full time City employee.
- You must possess an official City ID Badge.
- You must have your agency's approval to rent a vehicle as well as proof that your Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) annual review has been completed.
- Renters must complete a 15 minute training session prior to renting a vehicle for the first time.
- You must have a valid Colorado Driver's License. (an exception applies to an employee who is new to the state of Colorado; you will have 30 days in which to obtain a Colorado Driver's License. This is State Law and strictly enforced).
- You must have completed the City's Defensive Driving class within the last 3 years. The employee or their supervisor is responsible for providing proof of successful completion of the Defensive Driving class.
- All reservation requests must be sent via e-mail. Please refer to the first time user and established user sections for further information.
- If you are involved in an accident, no matter how minor, it is the renter's responsibility to report the incident to the Fleet Manager, 720-337-1196 and to Public Works' Safety Department, 303-446-3765.
- Vehicle mechanical problems incurred while renting should be reported to PW Fleet Management at 720-337-1196. All other issues should be reported to the MotorCenter Desk, 720-913-0795.
- Only renters are allowed to sign rental paperwork.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed in vehicles. (Agencies will be charged for any violation of this policy, i.e. trash left in vehicle, interior and trunk lights left on resulting in drained battery, spills, etc.). Fees vary according to the cost of correcting the infraction.
- If the vehicle is to be taken out of state, the renter must contact Risk Management, 720-913-3330 at least three business days prior to leaving so that the vehicle can be insured for out-of-state travel. Risk Management will notify the renter and the Fleet Director by email when the insurance is in place and an insurance card and incident instructions will be provided. Risk Management must be notified of any incidents, however minor, involving vehicles insured for out of state use.
Read the full Motor Center Operations policy here (PDF)