The Partners in Food Safety Program works to recognize Denver food facilities that promote and maintain excellent food safety practices.
View the criteria below to determine if a facility is eligible, then apply. An investigator will contact you within 30 days.
1. Facility must not have more than two critical violations per inspection conducted by Denver Department of Environmental Health (DDPHE) on the last two full inspections as well as any limited inspections. To access inspection reports, visit www.denvergov.org/FoodSafety.
2. Facility must have a formal training program for all food-handling employees. This training must ensure all new staff who handle food are properly trained in basic food safety. The training must be completed within three months of the hire date. Formal training can include DDPHE's food safety class, classes offered on StateFoodSafety.com or a comparable course.
3. Facility must not have any fines from administrative citations issued by DDPHE within the last 12 months.
4. Facility must not have any confirmed foodborne illness outbreaks within the last 12 months.
5. Facility must score at least 50 points on the DDPHE Active Managerial Control Evaluation. Applicants must complete the evaluation with an investigator. As part of this evaluation, the facility must show applicable documentation.
Summer Hours (April through October)
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Winter hours (November through March)
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
101 W Colfax Ave., 8th Floor
Denver, CO 80202
720-865-5401 (To be connected to PHI Main Line)
Denver 311 Help Center Call 3-1-1
Outside Denver Call 720-913-1311
TTY Service: 720-913-8479