The Denver Fire Department is dedicated to working together to achieve the highest levels of preparedness, prevention, and community involvement with a dedication to purpose. We are honored to participate in community events, and similar public gatherings to meet our neighbors and talk about fire prevention and education. We are unable to send crews/rigs to private events such as birthday parties. Denver Fire does not participate in block parties or neighborhood association events outside of Denver Days.
Due to regional watering restrictions, we are unable to perform hose sprays or fill dunk tanks. Learn more about Denver watering rules.
- Please make all requests at least THREE WEEKS in advance to help us balance community requests with emergency responses, trainings, fire inspections, and other firefighter responsibilities. Please understand that if your event date is sooner than three weeks from today, we are unable to participate in your event.
- Please complete all fields. If a field does not apply, please type “n/a.” Your request will not be completed if there is any missing information and will be marked in red.
- While firefighters enjoy participating in community events, our first priority is providing quality, timely, and professional emergency services to those who live in, work in, and visit the City and County of Denver. We may not be able to accommodate all event requests due to firefighter training and other scheduling conflicts.
- If a fire crew attends your event, they will typically remain “in service” and stage the apparatus somewhere that allows them to leave quickly if they are dispatched to an emergency.
- Fire crew visits at community events are scheduled for 30 minutes, with the understanding that responding to an emergency may cause the crew to be late to the event, to have to leave abruptly, or in some cases, to not show up at all.
- We aim to confirm the event within one week of the requested event date.
- Questions? Email FireOutreach@denvergov.org.
The Denver Fire Department does not perform car seat safety checks. Please visit these pages for resources or call the Denver Health Car Seat Line at 303-602-KIDZ (5439) to schedule an appointment.
Denver Health: www.denverhealth.org/public-health-and-wellness/trauma-injury-prevention/library/car-seat-safety
Silent Auction Donations
We are reviewing our silent auction donation policy and the impact on emergency response duties. We are not currently fulfilling donation requests.