Skip navigation

Parking Permit Programs

Residential and Area Permits

Right of Way Parking Permits


Annual Valet Permit Program

City Employee Parking


Car Share Permit Program

Street Occupancy Permits, One Time Valet


Additional Denver Parking Permits

People with disabilities have special parking privileges when displaying a valid disability placard, license plate or hang tag on their vehicle.

See the Accessible Parking page for all resources relating to parking rules and regulations, signs, plates and placards.

City Inspectors or Investigators with the City and County of Denver whose primary job responsibility involves field work utilizing their personal vehicle may request special parking permits.

Requirements and application

Meters may be bagged with "No Parking" bags over the meter heads to keep the street clear of parked cars for construction, special events and filming. Please note, a street occupancy permit must also be obtained for any event that takes place in the street/sidewalks/public right of way.

Note: Meter bagging requests take up to 72 hours to process, so should be submitted at least 1 week before your event.

Download our meter bagging requirements.


Official City Business (OCB) parking privileges may be extended to Cabinet members, City employees, and officials appointed by the Mayor, whose primary job duties involves field work utilizing their personal vehicle throughout the City and County of Denver.

Permits expire on December 31 annually. Users must resubmit applications each year.

Requirements and application

Hang tag permits may be issued for:

  • Emergency Truck Parking 
  • Special Parking 
  • Truck Loading

See requirements and application 

Note: All hangtags are now issued as “virtual” hangtags. No physical tag will be issued. Enforcement is by handheld devices by scanning or entering the license plate number.

Special parking permits are used to restrict parking in certain areas for school zones.

Requirements and applications


Renew Residential Parking Permits Online

If you received a permit renewal letter in the mail, you may now renew your residential parking permit online.

Contact Us
Parking Violations Bureau 1-866-280-9988
  • Citation Payment Questions
  • Citation Status Questions
  • Parking Policy
  • Parking Studies
  • General Inquiries

Do you have a compliment or complaint about one of our parking officers?

To report an abandoned vehicle visit the Denver Sheriff Department's Vehicle Impound page.

To request enforcement of illegal parking:

  • 8:00am - 5:00pm:
    Call 3-1-1
  • 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday through Saturday:
    Call Police non-emergency (720-913-2000)

To report a broken meter:

For all other issues, please contact:
Call 3-1-1
Outside Denver: Call 720-913-1311
Emergencies: 911
TTY Service: 720-913-8479